The Environmental Policy and Management program practicum (ENV 296; 6 units) is an opportunity for students to integrate and apply their coursework to a problem in a practical applied professional setting, and provide students with experience in the professional field. The practicum is intended to be an experiential exercise in professional development (rather than a pure research project). Students are expected to develop a practicum proposal that states how the practicum is envisioned to further their individual career objectives.
Your Practicum Proposal and Practicum Report and deliverable are two of four components of your Comprehensive Exam.
- Comprehensive Exam Instructions & Templates
- EPM Practicum Agreements
- Examples of Completed Student Practicums
- Example Deliverables
- Finding a Practicum
- Best practices in submitting your application
- List of Environmental Institutions in the Sacramento Area
- Tips for your search
- Interviews & Offers (ICC)
- Pitch the Practicum
- Practicum FAQ
- Practicum Timing, Deadlines & Registration
- Practicum Time Sheet
- Resume and Application Materials (ICC)