Accelerated 12-Month Track
This program is typically completed in 2 years, though students may complete the accelerated 12-month track. Admitted students who are interested should apply for the 12-month track in the Fall quarter of their first year.
Components of the application include:
- Why do you want to do the 12-month track?
- What quantitative coursework have you taken?
- What previous professional experience do you have?
- Have you identified a practicum?
- If you have not identified a practicum, what is your plan to find one?
- A professional writing sample
Once the application is completed, you should:
Obtain your Faculty Advisor's signature
- Return to the Program Coordinator by Friday, Oct 28, 2022.
While this deadline may seem early, it is so we can involve approved 12-month students in the process of selecting Policy Clinic projects that begin in winter quarter.
Your application will be reviewed by the Program Chair, Associate Director and Program Coordinator. You will be notified via email if your application is approved and given a CRN to register for the Policy Clinic (ENV 203A).
If your application is approved, you will need to:
- Schedule a meeting with the Graduate Program Coordinator in the Winter quarter to discuss timeline to degree.
- The Coordinator will give you information about various forms and due dates you should be aware of in preparation for graduation.
- Provide your feedback on Policy Clinic Project selection. You will receive communications from the Associate Director and Policy Clinic Instructor with additional information.
Late applications will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis. Students who submit their application late may have significantly less input in their choice of Policy Clinic project depending on the timing.
12-Month Accelerated Coursework Timeline:
|ENV 200A- Policy Analysis I (4 units)||ENV 200C- Environmental Governance (4 units)||ENV 200B- Policy Analysis II (4 units)||ENV 296- Practicum (6 units)|
|ENV 202- Policy Implementation and Development (4 units)||ENV 201- Environmental Law (3 units)||ENV 203B- Policy Clinic (4 units)|
|ENV 297- Professional Development Seminar (1 unit)||ENV 203A- Policy Clinic (4 units)||ENV 297- Professional Development Seminar (1 unit)|
|Quantitative Analysis or General Elective (3 units)||ENV 297- Professional Development Seminar (1 unit)||
|Total: 12 units||Total: 12 units||Total: 12 units||Total: 6 units|