Canvas Guide for Comprehensive Exam Submission
The comprehensive exam entails fulfilling all program requirements, which include meeting the minimum GPA in required courses and satisfactory completion of four written reports:
Students will submit the Professional Development Plan, Practicum Proposal, and Practicum Report as “Assignments” through the EPM Grad Program Canvas page. Students are required to submit these documents at least 2 weeks prior to the final deadline, to allow faculty advisors sufficient time to review. The following instructions are to be used by students to submit and revise comprehensive exam components.
- Navigate to Canvas and open the “EPM Grad Program” course shell.
- On the left side bar, locate Account>Notifications
- Use the drop down menu “Settings for…” select EPM Grad Program and change the toggle to enable notifications for EPM Grad Program
- Select your preferred notifications to be alerted when your advisor submits a comment
- ‘Grading’ and ‘Submission Comment’ should be toggled on to receive notifications
- Locate your Canvas dashboard and proceed to the course “EPM Grad Program.”
- This Canvas shell will be used to submit all components of your Comprehensive Exam.
- Under “Assignments” you will find links to instructions, templates, rubrics, and the ability to submit the individual components.
- It is highly recommended that you review the rubrics when developing your comprehensive exam documents.
- When you are ready to submit, select “Start Assignment” and upload a PDF copy of your work.
- Your faculty advisor will receive a notification of your submitted assignment and be prompted to review it. They will review your document and provide feedback.
- If revisions are requested, you will submit a revised version of your document again on Canvas, for final review.
- After the Faculty Advisor review is complete, the document will be reviewed and graded a final time by a Comprehensive Exam Committee member.
- The Comprehensive Exam Committee will assign a score, and request changes if you do not receive a “passing grade”
- Sections are created to separate faculty advisors and advisees. Your section will be titled under your assigned faculty advisor’s “[FIRST INITIAL., LAST NAME] ADVISEES.”
- If your advising assignments change, JC will update this on Canvas. If you believe there to be an error, please contact JC.