Canvas Guide for Comprehensive Exam Submission
Download the instructions here
The comprehensive exam entails fulfilling all program requirements, which include meeting the minimum GPA in required courses and satisfactory completion of four written reports:
Students will submit the Professional Development Plan, Practicum Proposal, and Practicum Report as “Assignments” through the EPM Grad Program Canvas page. Students are required to submit these documents at least 2 weeks prior to the final deadline, to allow faculty advisors sufficient time to review. The following instructions are to be used by students to submit and revise comprehensive exam components.
- Navigate to Canvas and open the “EPM Grad Program” course shell
- On the left side bar, locate Account>Notifications
- Use the drop down menu “Settings for…” select EPM Grad Program and change the toggle to enable notifications for EPM Grad Program
- Select your preferred notifications to be alerted when your advisor submits a comment
- ‘Grading’ and ‘Submission Comment’ should be toggled on to receive notifications
- Locate your Canvas dashboard and proceed to the course “EPM Grad Program.”
- This Canvas shell will be used to submit all components of your Comprehensive Exam
- Under “Assignments” you will find links to instructions, templates, rubrics, and the ability to submit the individual components
- It is highly recommended that you review the rubrics when developing your comprehensive exam documents
- When you are ready to submit, select “Start Assignment” and upload a PDF copy of your work
- Your faculty advisor will receive a notification of your submitted assignment and be prompted to review it. They will review your document and provide feedback
- If revisions are requested, you will submit a revised version of your document again on Canvas, for final review
- After the Faculty Advisor review is complete, the document will be reviewed and graded a final time by a Comprehensive Exam Committee member
- The Comprehensive Exam Committee will assign a score, and request changes if you do not receive a “passing grade”
Submission best practices
- Save your document as "First name, Last name name of document". Example "Jessica Chalfin Practicum Report"
- Only submit the report, the instruction page should not be included
- Sections are created to separate faculty advisors and advisees. Your section will be titled under your assigned faculty advisor’s “[FIRST INITIAL., LAST NAME] ADVISEES.”
- If your advising assignments change, JC will update this on Canvas. If you believe there to be an error, please contact JC.